Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Fajitas, Not as Healthy as I Thought.....

 
 
I thought I was making a good choice tonight, doesn't it look delicious??  It was!  I guess when you don't figure things out first, you end up making mistakes. However, I did have a protein (pf) from this afternoon, so maybe it wasn't too bad.  I probably will only have one instead of two next time.
 
 
These are the tortillas I used, I liked them better than the 80 calorie La Tortilla  ones even though they are smaller.  They have more of a tortilla texture and flavor.


 

Steak and Shrimp Fajitas

I don't have a real recipe for this, but here is what I did.  I used a pre-packaged mix from the butcher, it was the skirt steak (really lean) and veggies.  I added shrimp and mushrooms to the mix.

I measured out 4 oz of meat for me (a mix of steak and shrimp), then loaded on the veggies.  I had 1/4 cup of ff shredded cheese, 2 T ff sour cream and 2 T wholly guacamole and a bit of salsa.

Because I didn't measure the steak and shrimp separately, the calorie count may be off some. 

Calories 484
Fat 20.4 ( I find this hard to believe, the steak was super lean)
Carb 31.8
Fiber 5
Protein 41.5

WW points  12

Obviously, one fajita would be half of everything, and again, I could be wrong, but I really don't think there was that much fat involved. 

Live and learn, and the take away is figure things out BEFORE eating them!!

Make it a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment