Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cheesecake Factory Style Chicken Madeira

 
 This is what I always order at Cheesecake Factory, so of course I had to figure out how to make it at home.

 
 
I was happy with how this turned out, it was pretty tasty!
 
Chicken Madeira
 
48 oz chicken breasts, I use the Costco ones and cut them in half, that made them about 6 oz each, pound until flattened.
 
1 T olive oil
24 oz sliced mushrooms
2 t butter
14.5 oz can reduced sodium beef broth
3 1/4 cups Madeira wine
1 1/3 c part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
 
Brown chicken on both sides in olive oil, about 5 minutes each side.  Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.  Add butter and sauté mushrooms.  Add broth and wine.  Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce thickens (about 20 minutes), I usually add some sure gel to thicken it more because I like thick sauces.  Return chicken to pan to re-heat, basting with sauce.  Serve with asparagus.
 
serves 8
 
Calories 222
Fat 11 g
Carbs 2 g
Fiber 0
Protein 11
 
WW points 4
 
The restaurant serves this with garlic cheese mashed potatoes, but I made this creamy noodle dish instead.
 
Creamy Garlic Noodles
12 oz Smart Taste Egg noodles
8 oz fat free cream cheese
1 T horseradish
1 t garlic
 
Cook noodles according to package directions.  Drain, add rest of ingredients.  Cover and allow cream cheese to melt, stir well. 
 
Serves 12
 
Calories 110
Fat .3
Carbs 23
Fiber 3.5
Protein 6.2
 
Weight Watchers points  3
 
I counted this as a dinner entrée plus veggies.
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment